The International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the International Trade Centre (ITC) are organizing the first Iraq National Trade Forum from 28 to 30 November 2022 at the Babylon Rotana Hotel in Baghdad. The event will combine high-level panels with practical workshops and business-to-business (B2B) meetings, and feature an exhibition of innovative firms under the theme “Made in Iraq”, with representation from all Iraqi governorates.
The 3-day event aims to:
• Connect Iraqi Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in farming, food processing, packaging and logistics to international suppliers and investors.
• Expand business networks, forge business deals and foster investment.
• Boost innovation and share best practices from leading Iraqi agribusinesses.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE ?
• Iraqi MSMEs, particularly in the agriculture and agrifood sectors:
– Animal products (i.e. poultry, meat, dairy, fish, honey);
– Other relevant agri-food products.
• International suppliers of agricultural inputs and equipment providers sustainable farming practices and climateproof post-harvest infrastructure;
• Banks and inancial service providers;
• National and local authorities;
• Business support organizations;
• Donors and development partners;
Iraqi MSMEs will learn about and have access to:
|• Soil preparation solutions||• Machinery and equipment (farming, processing and packaging)||• Storage solutions (i.e., cold storage)|
|• Propagation materials (e.g., seeds, seedlings, cutting)||• Packaging material||• Technology & know-how|
|• Fertilizer (organic or synthetic)||• Post-harvest handling infrastructure||• Energy saving solutions (i.e., renewable energy)|
|• Pesticides||• Collection||• Water saving & irrigation solutions|
|• Breeding of livestock or poultry||• Grading||• Waste management solutions|
|• Animal feed (i.e., grain, soy, corn, protein)||• Transportation||• Vaccines & Medicines (for animals)|